Category Archives: Mock Draft

2016 NFL #MockDraft, 3 Full Rounds @JamFed (6.0)

**UPDATE: 6 Correct … National Fanatic (James Fedewa) placed 74th (out of 106 participants) in The Huddle Report’s Mock Draft Contest (where draft experts in the industry participate in a contest to determine each years best mock drafts).

Results:  http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/mockdrafts.shtml

4/27/2015 by James Fedewacevo3p9uuaatn-k

The NFL draft creeps closer and closer and rumors are swirling up everywhere. Tomorrows mock drafts will change, in fact, in 6 hours the mock will (might) change.

They say an artist’s work is never complete, so neither is a mock draft.     Do you FanDuel ?

#

Round 1

Player

Notes

1 Los Angeles(7-9) Jared Goff, QB, California California kid takes over for the Rams. Day one starter
2 Philadelphia (7-9) Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel and Carson Wentz? Why not! This is a QB driven league and you can’t have too many good things
3 San Diego (4-12) Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Mis San Diego had the worst pass-blocking grade in the league last season. Rivers is a little safer for the remainder of his career.
4 Dallas (4-12) Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State Ramsey looks good & is tempting, but Bosa is the pick (and my personal favorite in the whole draft)
5 Jacksonville (5-11) Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State Tweener by position and experience (FS/CB) Elite track athlete. Will the Jags use him correctly?
6 Baltimore (5-11) DeForest Buckner, DE/DT, Oregon The Ravens need the dominate D again DeForest brings the D back to the Ravens
7 San Francisco (5-11) Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis Chip gets a new toy to play with and Kaepernick wants out.
8 Cleveland (3-13) Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss Top WR prospect and a new weapon for RGIII. Great pick, but they were expecting Paxton Lynch to be available.
9 Tampa Bay (6-10) Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida Best cover corner in the draft
10 New York Giants (6-10) Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame Protecting Eli is probably the smartest choice
11 Chicago (6-10) Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State The Bears do not have a left tackle on the roster, but a 5-tech DE would look great here too.
12 New Orleans (7-9) Shaq Lawson, DE. Clemson Saints need a defensive rebuild. Shaq is a great piece to put pressure on opposing QB’s.
13 Miami (5-11) Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State Blocking, receiving and rushing… he does it all (really really good)
14 Oakland (7-9) Myles Jack, LB, UCLA Knee injury and durabiltiy issues cause a slight slide & the Raiders couldn’t be happier. Will Reggie gamble? Del Rio will…
15 Tennessee (3-13) Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia Pass rush and versatility. Floyd can play ILB and OLB, so he could actually lead the team in sacks and tackles
16 Detroit (7-9) Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State Decker can play both tackle positions and he excels in the run game (something DET needs a lot of help with)
17 Atlanta (8-8) Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida Very strong D-Lineman. Can play inside and outside, the next Michael Bennett (one of my favorite players)
18 Indianapolis (8-8) Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky One of the most talented pass rushers in the draft, but comes with some character issues.
19 Buffalo (8-8) Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville Sheldon slides a little bit, but he’s a perfect fit in Buffalo. The Ryan Brothers are both happy.
20 New York Jets (10-6) Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State Cook is better than you think and NYJ moves on from Fitz.
21 Washington (9-7) Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama Savvy and talented interior NT with good movement and eager to improve. Reed could also play 5-tech (so he’s versatile)
22 Houston (9-7) Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor Investing on Brock Lobster? Must supply with weapons
23 Minnesota (11-5) Josh Doctson WR, TCU Can catch anything and is an overachiever
24 Cincinnati (12-4) Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss Tons of talent, but a slight risk factor. He has Bengal written all over him.
25 Pittsburgh (10-6) William Jackson III, CB Houston NT is tempting but can be found later. WJIII can be a great CB and a good system fit
26 Seattle (10-6) Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M Filling in the holes that free agency left the Seahawks (o-line help needed). Feels like James Carpenter 2.0.  DT could also be a target now that Mebane is gone.
27 Green Bay (10-6) Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor There’s a new bull in town. Billings is massive and takes over for BJ Raji.
28 Kansas City (11-5) Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson A bit of a slide for Alexander (eco maniac), but KC is happy with it. Sean Smith replacement.
New England* (12-4) — Pick Forfeited for Deflategate
29 Arizona (13-3) Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama Instant leader and big tackler, on an already powerful defense
30 Carolina (15-1) Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State Norman leaves, and finding a quick replacement means 1st round CB
31 Denver (12-4) Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State ZBS – Denver lost 4 O-lineman in free agency and Whitehair can start the rebuild process
       Special thank you to:

Walter Football:

www.walterfootball.com

DC Pro Sports Report: www.dcprosportsreport.com

Eat, Drink & Slep Football:  www.eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com

FanSpeak: www.fanspeak.com

#

Round 2

Player

Notes

32 Cleveland (3-13) Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson A new pass rushing OLB in Cleveland. Dodd has prototypical size for the position, but he’s a 1 year wonder.
33 Tennessee (3-13) Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech NT aren’t supposed to be this quick.
34 Dallas (4-12) Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State His speed attracts Jerry Jones
35 San Diego (4-12) A’Shawn Robinson, DE/DT, Alabama Big intimidator and run stuffer at DE. Needs to develop pass rushing moves
36 Baltimore (5-11) Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford Best guard prospect in the draft and helps improve the run game.
37 San Francisco Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State Chip gets a big target and a true #1 WR
38 Jacksonville (5-11) Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State Jax needs many pass rushers as they can get
39 Tampa Bay (6-10) Shilique Calhoun, OLB/DE, Michigan State Good leader, nice game and should develop into a very good pass rusher.
40 New York Giants (6-10) Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame Fast Fuller will make Eli’s stats look amazing. He’ll only need 2 or 3 balls per game, and he’ll get 7 or 8 TD’s year one.
41 Chicago (6-10) Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi St Chicago is looking for key pieces in converting completely to a 34. Great 5 tech DE prospect
42 Miami (5-11) Artie Burns, CB, Miami Doesn’t travel far from campus.
43 Tennessee (3-13) Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas With all the new picks for the TItans, weapons for Marriota is a very good thing
44 Oakland (7-9) Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia Henry looks like an Al Davis pick
45 Tennessee (3-13) Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech The new right tackle
46 Detroit (7-9) Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama 3-tech DT in the mold of Aaron Donald
47 New Orleans (7-9) Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech Saints draft heavy on D
48 Indianapolis (8-8) Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana Great left tackle prospect, should go earlier.
49 Buffalo (8-8) Kamalei Correa, OLB/DE, Boise State Continue to find the correct pieces converting to a 34D (The Ryan’s prefer the 34)
50 Atlanta (8-8) Deion Jones, OLB, LSU Linebackers are ATL’s biggest need (Pass rushers too)
51 New York Jets (10-6) Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA Snacks is gone, here’s a nice replacement
52 Houston (9-7) TJ Green, FS, Clemson Tall Fast safety can cover like a CB
53 Washington (9-7) Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama Best Center prospect, unless Whitehair turns Center
54 Minnesota (11-5) Vonn Bell, SS, Ohio State Very impressive cover safety
55 Cincinnati (12-4) Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma Paired up with AJ Green, great combo
56 Seattle (10-6) Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State Mebane’s replacement (and possibly an upgrade)
57 Green Bay (10-6) Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri BJ Raji’s replacement
58 Pittsburgh (10-6) Austin Johnson, DT, Penn St. Stout Nosetackle
59 Kansas City (11-5) Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State Big enough to play 5-Tech DE, with some pass rushing ability.
60 New England (12-4) Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech very talented RB. Can do it all
61 New England (12-4) Tyler Boyd, WR, Pitt can play the slot, but might be taller than all the WR in New England
62 Carolina (15-1) Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn New Right tackle
63 Denver (12-4) Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State 5 Tech DE is the target here, but Denver gets their future signal caller here.
       
#

Round 3

Player

 
64 Tennessee (3-13) Nick Martin, OG/C, Notre Dame  
65 Cleveland (3-13) Su’a Cravens, S/LB, USC  
66 San Diego (4-12) Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia  
67 Dallas (4-12) Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State  
68 San Francisco (5-11) Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor  
69 Jacksonville (5-11) Keanu Neal, FS, Florida  
70 Baltimore (5-11) Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan  
71 New York Giants (6-10) Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame  
72 Chicago (6-10) Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah State  
73 Miami (5-11) Vadal Alexander, G, LSU  
74 Tampa Bay (6-10) Justin Simmons, FS, Boston College  
75 Oakland (7-9) Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA  
76 Tennessee (3-13) Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State  
77 Cleveland (3-13) John Theus, OT, Georgia  
78 New Orleans (7-9) Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska  
79 Cleveland (3-13) Sean Davis, CB/FS, Maryland  
80 Buffalo (8-8) Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina  
81 Atlanta (8-8) Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke  
82 Indianapolis (8-8) Devontae Booker, RB, Utah  
83 New York Jets (10-6) Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU  
84 Washington* (9-7) Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU  
85 Houston* (9-7) Jihad Ward, DT, llinois  
86 Minnesota* (11-5) Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State  
87 Cincinnati* (12-4) Darian Thompson, FS, Boise State  
88 Green Bay* (10-6) Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia  
89 Pittsburgh* (10-6) Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford  
90 Seattle* (10-6) Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas  
Kansas City* (11-5) — Pick Forfeited for Tampering  
91 New England* (12-4) Joshua Perry, OLB, Ohio State  
92 Arizona* (13-3) Isaac Seumalo,C, Oregon State  
93 Carolina* (15-1) Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma  
94 Denver* (12-4) Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State  
95 C – Detroit Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina  
96 C – New England David Perkins, OLB/DE, Illinois State  
97 C – Seattle Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State  
98 C – Denver Dominique Alexander, ILB, Oklahoma  

NFL Draft: 3 Left Tackles / 7 Needy Teams

By James Fedewa

The NFL Draft is next week and the Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock. There are three top tier left tackles in 2013 NFL draft and all should be able to start day one: Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M), Eric Fisher (Central Michigan) and Lane Johnson (Oklahoma). Fans and analysts anticipate the Chiefs selecting left tackle Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M), even though they currently have a very good left tackle Brandon Albert. There are seven teams that could draft a left tackle in the first round (Chiefs, Jaguars, Eagles, Lions, Cardinals, Chargers and Dolphins). Seven teams, three elite left tackle prospects…

So who’s going where?

Based on 1st round projections and objective estimations, here are some (subjective) percentages of positional team-needs for those 7 left tackle needy teams:

  1. Chiefs (#1 pick): Joeckel is the consensus prediction. (60% chance of drafting a LT / 25% Defensive Line / 15% Outside Linebacker)
  2. Jaguars (#2 pick): Currently have a quality left tackle in Eugene Monroe. He’ll be a free agent next season (and a franchise tag could be set for him in 2014, if necessary). Not projected to draft a left tackle, but could happen. (20% chance of drafting a LT / 50% pass rusher / 30% quarterback)
  3. Eagles (#4 pick): Currently have a very good left tackle (Jason Peters), but he’s returning from a major Achilles injury. At 31 years old, Peters is expected back healthy, but Philadelphia could draft a left tackle to get younger (or BPA). The Eagles are changing defensive schemes to a 3-4 base and need to draft a defensive players early to fit their new system (20% chance of drafting a LT / 20% quarterback / 20% defensive line / 20% pass rusher / 20% cornerback)
  4. Lions (#5 pick): Lost both of their tackles from retirement and free agency. Detroit did draft a first round tackle in the 2012 draft (Riley Rieff), but is he a right or left tackle? The Lions could draft another left tackle early, but have several holes to fill. They could draft a right tackle later in the draft for less. (30% chance of drafting a LT / need a 30% pass rusher / 40% cornerback)
  5. Cardinals (#7 pick): Currently have a left tackle in Levi Brown, who was lost early in 2012 with a season ending injury. Brown is an average left tackle but an average left tackle is still a good left tackle. They could upgrade at left tackle and shift Brown to right tackle, but current 2nd year starter Bobby Massie played very well and improved down the stretch. (30% chance of drafting a LT / 30% pass rusher / 20% guard / 20% Quarterback)
  6. Chargers (#11 pick): San Diego cut left tackle Jared Gaither after one terrible season, signed backup left tackle King Dunlap and there is an obvious hole and need (50% chance of drafting a left tackle / 20% Guard / 15% defensive tackle / 15% pass rusher)
  7. Dolphins (#12): Lost left tackle Jake Long to free agency, but drafted projected replacement Jonathan Martin in 2012. Could trade up to get a left tackle in the draft, but have several other needs. In all likely hood, the top three left tackles should be unavailable at #12(15% chance of drafting a left tackle from trading up / 40% cornerback / 30% pass rusher / 15% right tackle)

For the above 7 teams (baring any other trade, salary cap cuts or trades), based on the estimated team-need (TN) percentages and best player available (BPA), projections may look like:

  • Chiefs (BPA): Luke Joeckel, LT Texas A&M
  • Jaguars (BPA): Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
  • Eagles (TN): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
  • Lions (TN): Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
  • Cardinals (TN): Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
  • Chargers (BPA): Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
  • Dolphins (BPA): Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma

NFL Mock Draft 4.0, by James Fedewa

The San Diego Chargers have many options they can go with for next months NFL Draft.  As much as I’d really like wide reciever Cordarrelle Patterson as a Charger, San Diego may have to pass on his amazing running skills for a more important need in the first round.

Patterson can do most of his route running on short/quick routes, whereas Rivers doesn’t have to hold the ball to long and quick pass to him, helping the offensive line with quick blocking assignments. Plus Patterson can take direct snaps, run reverses, option-pass and special teams (and amazing kick/punt returner). He’s a type of wide receiver that MUST demand double coverage from opponents, not like any receiver on the current roster. Patterson is a top 7 to 15 talent in this upcoming draft and I have him MOCKED (projected) going to Buffalo (as the Bills can get a good QB prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round, like QB Ryan Nassib or QB Mike Glennon). Cordarrelle Patterson is a work in progress and needs some heavy coaching, but the way he can run is really fun to watch.

However, I think Eric Fisher could actually be available at #11 overall for San Diego to take. Here’s my latest MOCK DRAFT- (PLEASE RATE and share your thoughts):

2013 *NFL*Mock Draft* Scenario 4 (3/19/13)

2013 NFL Mock Draft
No. Team Player
1 Kansas City Chiefs

===

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2 Jacksonville Jaguars

===

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3 Oakland Raiders

===

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
4 Philadelphia Eagles

===

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5 Detroit Lions

===

Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
6 Cleveland Browns

===

Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
7 Arizona Cardinals

===

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
8 Buffalo Bills

===

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
9 New York Jets

===

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
10 Tennessee Titans

===

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
11 San Diego Chargers

===

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
12 Miami Dolphins

===

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida Sate
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

===

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
14 Carolina Panthers

===

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
15 New Orleans Saints

===

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
16 St. Louis Rams

===

Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
17 Pittsburgh Steelers

===

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
18 Dallas Cowboys

===

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
19 New York Giants

===

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
20 Chicago Bears

===

Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
21 Cincinnati Bengals

===

Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
22 St. Louis Rams (from Redskins)

===

Keenan Allen, WR, CAL
23 Minnesota Vikings

===

Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
24 Indianapolis Colts

===

Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
25 Minnesota Vikings (from Seahawks)

===

Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
26 Green Bay Packers

===

Matt Elam, SS, Florida
27 Houston Texans

===

DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28 Denver Broncos

===

Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
29 New England Patriots

===

D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
30 Atlanta Falcons

===

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
31 San Francisco 49ers

===

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
32 Baltimore Ravens

===

Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
2nd Round


Pick (overall) Team


1 (33) Jaguars

===

Sam Montgomery, OLB/DE, LSU
2 (34) San Francisco 49ers (from Chiefs)

===

Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
3 (35) Eagles

===

Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
4 (36) Lions

===

Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
5 (37) Bengals (from Raiders)

===

Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
6 (38) Cardinals

===

Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
7 Browns

===

 (exercised pick in Supplemental Draft)
8 (39) Jets

===

Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame
9 (40) Titans

===

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
10 (41) Bills

===

EJ Manual, QB Florida State
11 (42) Dolphins

===

Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
12 (43) Buccaneers

===

Cornellius Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
13 (44) Panthers

===

Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
14 Saints

===

 (forfeited)
15 (45) Chargers

===

Alex Okafor, 34OLB/DE, Texas
16 (46) Rams

===

Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
17 (47) Cowboys

===

Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
18 (48) Steelers

===

Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn
19 (49) Giants

===

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
20 (50) Bears

===

Robert Woods, WR, USC
21 (51) Redskins

===

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
22 (52) Vikings

===

Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
23 (53) Bengals

===

Eric Reid, FS, LSU
24 (54) Dolphins (from Colts)

===

Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
25 (55) Packers

===

Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
26 (56) Seahawks

===

Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
27 (57) Texans

===

Matt Barkley, QB, USC
28 (58) Broncos

===

Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
29 (59) Patriots

===

Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
30 (60) Falcons

===

John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
31 (61) 49ers

===

David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
32 (62) Ravens

===

Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse